Matthew’s Hub Member Privacy Notice
The categories of member information that we process include:
- personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (such as your name, date of birth, phone number, email and address)
- characteristics (such as gender)
- diagnostic information (such as if you have an autism diagnosis or not)
- medical and administration (such as health conditions, allergies and medication)
- attendance (such as sessions attended, duration of visits, use of the Hub-Bot sign-in and sign-out system)
This list is not exhaustive.
Why we collect and use member information
The personal data collected is essential for Matthew’s Hub to fulfil its official functions.
Matthew’s Hub collect and use member information for the following purposes:
- to provide appropriate, person-centred support to members
- to keep members safe (e.g. medical conditions or emergency contact details)
- to allow members access to Matthew’s Hub
- to assess the quality of our services
- to improve our services by monitoring how members use Matthew’s Hub
- to provide our funders with demographics and use of service information
- to contact members (e.g. about appointments)
- to liaise with other services if members want this
Collecting member information
We obtain member information via application forms when an individual joins Matthew’s Hub.
Member data is essential for Matthew’s Hub’s operational use. Whilst most of the information you provide to us is mandatory (e.g. autism diagnosis status), some of the information you provide to us is on a voluntary basis (e.g. personal interests). We will inform you at the point of data collection whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if is voluntary.
Storing member data
We hold member data using a secure and protected system (i.e. using levels of encryption) to make sure that data is as safe as possible at any stage of it being processed or stored, and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document (i.e. duration of membership). If your membership is terminated your personal data will be deleted from our system.
Who we share member information with
We may share information with other services and agencies when appropriate.
This may include:
- education providers
- your employer
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- health professionals
- local authority
- Matthew’s Hub funders
Why we share member information
We do not share information about our members with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Requesting access to personal data
Under GDPR, you have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Chief Executive Officer, Gill Poole (email: email@example.com).
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact our Chief Executive Officer if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled