Matthew’s Hub are funded to work as specialist mentors in Employment by Autism Forward.
Autism Forward CIO is a charity focused on supporting autistic adults into employment. They provide funding to enable autistic job seekers to access specialist mentoring services to help them prepare for and find employment and fulfil their potential. They also work with employers to encourage them to improve opportunities and inclusion for autistic people.
Real life skills
Mentoring provides real life skills to gain employment, education and training experience and can include:
- Weekly mentoring sessions
- Skills scans
- Supported job searches
- Supported job applications
- Signposting to appropriate training
- Developing interview skills
- Creating a CV and covering letter
- Interview debriefs
- Support plan and strategies for when you are in employment
- Liaising with employers as needed
The National Autistic Society has a section on their website for employers, managers and HR staff including tips for recruiting, interviewing and managing someone with autism that you can see here.
To find out more about improving employability please send us a message on email@example.com