Pre & Post Assessment Support for 13 – 18
Matthew’s Hub can offer a maximum of 8 sessions, which can be for the individual, parents or both.
Sessions offered will be initially group based, but should 1:1 sessions be more appropriate this can be arranged.
Pre-Assessment Support (3 sessions)
- Initial Telephone Triage with parent or young person/separate conversation with young person via their preferred method of communication to determine what they want
- Understanding and Raising Awareness Group – one session for the individual (information about Neurodiversity/What to expect from assessment process/other support and services available in the meantime)
- Building Resilience – one group session (Understanding emotions and Specific coping strategies that the individual can use to improve their mental health and well-being)
Post-Assessment Support – additional 5 sessions (for those diagnosed only)
- Post-diagnostic Group - Five session Group for the individual: How are you feeling about your diagnosis?/Understanding yourself/Managing Energy Levels/Sensory, Stimming & Masking/What Next? Support available/Individual Plan (One-page profile – what do people know and like about me? What do people admire about me?)
- Support-the-Supporter Session (for parent/s/family to help them to understand their young person/how to support them best)
- What’s out there for me? – Individual 1:1 session (signposting)
Groups have a maximum of 8 people